Quick post to sum up some of the news from 2016 and head into 2017.
- Six manuscripts were published and an additional two were accepted and three more were submitted or being revised in 2016
- Three graduate students survived another year in the lab: Sawyer, Nat, Derreck
- Joined by one Microbiology graduate student Jesus Pena joined in Fall 2016.
- Nine undergraduates worked in the lab Deane, Josh, Jericho, Dillon, Na, Justin, Serena, Leandra, George and Travis has been part of bioinformatics projects
- One postdoc, Jinfeng has been the bioinformatics and genomics guru from genome assembly to transposon bioinformatics
- One new assembly of a Citrus genome
- At least 15 new genomes from our work with Zygolife and 1000 Fungal Genomes project were released or material processed. More than 100 cultures of some fungi are being examined in the lab.
- One NSF grant started on systematics of anaerobic chytrid fungi and one new grant awarded as part of the UC MRPI http://ucop.edu/research-initiatives/programs/mrpi/2017-Awards.html program on the “UC Valley Fever Research Initiative” lead by UCSF and including several other UC campus.
- Jason is on sabbatical in 2017 at Oregon State University.