Current members of the lab
- Jason Stajich, Professor, Dept Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology and Institute for Integrative Genome Biology
- Jinfeng Chen, Postdoc scholar working Rice genomics, QTL, and genome assembly
- Yan Wang, Postdoc scholar working on NSF ZyGoLife & Anaerobic Gut Fungi Genomic projects
- Sawyer Masonjones, PhD student, Genetics, Genomics & Bioinformatics on population genomics of fungi (Rhizopus and Candida lusitaniae)
- Derreck Carter-House, PhD student, Plant Pathology on zygomycete fungi-bacteria antagonistic interactions
- Nuttapon Pombubpa, PhD student, Plant Pathology on desert crust microbiomes
- Jesús Peña, PhD student, Microbiology
- Tania Kurbessoian, PhD student, Microbiology
- Julia Adams, PhD student, Plant Biology, working lichens of Joshua Tree National Park with a focus on their microbiomes.
- Jericho Ortanez, Jr Specialist working on zygolife project and Aspergillus population genomics project
- Justin Shen, UCR Undergraduate
- Josh Chung, UCR Undergraduate
- Estefania Caldera, UCR Undergraduate
Former Members & Visitors
Please contact Jason if you are interested in opportunities in the lab to work on fungal evolution at the interface of experimental and computational approaches.