Dr Ousmane Cissé joined the lab in December 2013 to work on evolution of multicellularity in Fungi. His PhD work from the University of Lausanne focused on comparative genomics of several Taphrinamycotina fungi including the human pathogen Pneumocystis jirovecii and the plant pathogen Taphrina deformans. He primarily worked with Phillippe Hauser at Institute of Microbiology and Marco Pagni in the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics on comparative genomics.
In September 2015 Ousmane moved to NIH Clinical Center as a Fogarty postdoctoral fellow to work on Pneumocystis genomics in the NIH lab of Joseph Kovacs. In 2018 he will start as a Staff Scientist at NIH in the group.
- Early Postdoc Mobility award from Swiss National Science Foundation
- Colborn JM, Koita OA, Cisse O, Bagayoko MW, Guthrie EJ and Krogstad DJ (2006). Identifying and quantifying genotypes in polyclonal infections due to single species. Emerg Infect Dis 12: 475-482.
- Hauser PM, Burdet FX, Cissé OH, Keller L, Taffé P, Dominique Sanglard and Marco Pagni (2010). Comparative Genomics Suggests that the Fungal Pathogen Pneumocystis Is an Obligate Parasite Scavenging Amino Acids from Its Host’s Lungs. PLoS ONE 5(12): e15152.
- C. Kebbi-Beghdadi, O. Cisse, G. Greub (2011). Permissivity of Vero cells, human pneumocytes and human endometrial cells to Waddlia chondrophila. Microbes and Infection 13: 566-574.
- Cissé OH, Pagni M, Hauser PM (2012). De novo assembly of the Pneumocystis jirovecii genome from a single bronchoalveolar lavage fluid specimen from a patient. mBio 4(1): e00428-00412. Press release DOI: 10.1128/mBio.00428-12.
- Cissé OH, Hauser PM, Almeida J.M.G.C.F., Fonseca A., Kumar AA, Salojärvi J, Overmyer K, and Pagni M. (2013). The genome of the plant pathogen Taphrina deformans. MBio. 2013 Apr 30;4(3):e00055-13. DOI: 10.1128/mBio.00055-13.
- Cisse ́, O. H. et al. 2014. Comparative Genomics Suggests That the Human Pathogenic Fungus Pneumocystis jirovecii Acquired Obligate Biotrophy through Gene Loss. Genome Biology and Evolution. 6 (8): 1938–1948.