Yan Wang completed his Ph.D. in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from University of Toronto, Canada in 2016. He joined the Stajich group in February 2017 working on two NSF funded projects: ZyGoLife (Zygomycetes) and AGF (Neocallimastigomycota).
1. Wang Y, White MM, Kvist S, Moncalvo JM. 2016. Genome-wide survey of gut fungi (Harpellales) reveals the first horizontally transferred ubiquitin gene from a mosquito host. Mol. Biol. Evol. 33: 2544-2554.
2. Wang Y, White MM, Moncalvo JM. 2016. Draft Genome Sequence of Capniomyces stellatus, the obligate gut fungal symbiont of stonefly. Genome Announc. 4(4): e00804-16.
3. Wang Y, Tretter ED, Johnson EM, Kandel P, Lichtwardt RW, Novak SJ, Smith JF, White MM. 2014. Using a five-gene phylogeny to test morphology-based hypotheses of Smittium and allies, endosymbiotic gut fungi (Harpellales) associated with arthropods. Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 79: 23–41.
4. Wang Y, Tretter ED, Lichtwardt RW and White MM. 2013. Overview of 75 years of Smittium research, establishing a new genus for Smittium culisetae, and prospects for future revisions of the “Smittium” clade. Mycologia 105: 90-111.
5. Tretter ED, Johnson EM, Benny GL, Wang Y, Kandel P, White MM. 2014. An eight-gene molecular phylogeny of the Kickxellomycotina, including the first phylogenetic placement of Asellariales. Mycologia 106: 912-935.
6. Tretter ED, Johnson EM, Wang Y, Kandel P, White MM. 2013. Utilizing new genes to uncover the history of the early-diverging Fungi: A MCM7 and TSR1-based phylogeny of the Kickxellomycotina. Persoonia 30: 106–125.
7. Schoch CL, Seifert KA, Huhndorf S, Robert V, Spouge JL, Levesque CA, Chen W, (et al. with over 100 authors as Fungal Barcoding Consortium). 2012. The nuclear ribosomal internal transcribed spacer (ITS) region as a universal DNA barcode marker for Fungi. P Natl Acad Sci USA 109(16):6241–6246.